Ages: up to Age 23
1. February 1, 2018 Video Audition cut off. Finalists will be chosen from the Video Round
2. Finalists will play in an April 21 2018 Recital at the National Opera Center NYC. Awards will be given in each Category.
3. The Soloist for the 2017-18 Young Artist Showcase will be chosen from the finalists on the April 21 2018 concert.
Audition for the Young Artist Competition
To audition, please complete the following steps:
1. Select a work of your choice. The first prize winner will need to perform a concerto that is appropriate for chamber orchestra.
2. Submit an audition recording via Youtube, Vimeo. Please follow the recording directions
3. Online Application 2018
1. A Completed Application Form.
2. Fee of $75 US
1. The decisions of the Jury are final.
2. The Jury reserves the right to not select a winner.
3. The Jury, Board of the Adelphi Chamber Orchestra
make no representation that the production will not infringe any copyrights of third parties.
4. Winners hold harmless the Jury, Board of the Adelphi Chamber Orchestra from any
damages, claims, liabilities, and costs, or losses of any kind or nature whatsoever, which may in
any way arise from the rehearsals, performance, and recording.
Finalists will be notified by letter in March 1 2018. Soloist with the Orchestra will be notified on or after the April 21st 2018 finals.
Soloist Competition Winner receives
1. Certificate Award as Winner of The Young Artist Competition
2. Finalists will perform in the April 21st finals concert. The first place winner to solo with the orchestra will be chosen from the finals.
3. Performance as featured soloist with the Adelphi Orchestra in during the 2018-19
Previous Young Artist Showcase Soloists